A 10-year-old girl died from electric shock after she accidentally dropped her phone into the bathtub while it was connected to a charger.
The young girl, whose identity was not revealed, was reportedly alone at home in Achinsk, in east-central Russia, when the incident occurred on 1st November.
On that day, she had apparently decided to take a relaxing bath and brought along her iPhone to keep herself entertained.
Investigators say that at some point, the girl likely connected the phone to an electrical outlet.
In a momentary lapse, the girl picked up the smartphone but lost her grip, causing it to fall into the water-filled tub.
Authorities said: “The girl took the phone with the connected charger in her hands and dropped it into the water, resulting in an electric shock.”
The girl’s lifeless body was discovered by her mother, who was not named, when she returned home at around 8:00 pm.
She called for an ambulance, but the medical staff could not save the child’s life.
Law enforcement has initiated an investigation into the incident.
A forensic examination will be conducted to determine the exact cause of her death.